[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]When signing up to volunteer on the “Schedule a Volunteer Shift” page, you are agreeing to the WTAP Volunteer Agreement (below).
For larger groups, each member of your group will need to complete the Volunteer Agreement. In order to sign-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and forms.
Students (17 yrs. and younger) will need to have a parent or guardian’s permission to volunteer without a parent present.
As a volunteer with The Welcome to America Project (WTAP), I understand that compliance with all of the requirements below is mandatory for everyone volunteering with WTAP (including minors). By signing up to volunteer with WTAP, each volunteer agrees to the following:
- I understand that WTAP has my permission to use my name and photographs of me to promote the organization.
- I will inform WTAP Staff or the Volunteer Manager of any previous injuriesthat may affect my ability to safely complete volunteer tasks, including lifting.
- I understand that I must carry my own health insurance. I will not hold WTAP responsible for any unforeseen injuries or problems that may occur on the job.
- I understand I may not initiate or engage in any media/public eventpertaining to refugees or the organization without the approval of WTAP. Requests for media engagements will be referred directly to WTAP Staff or the Volunteer Manager.
- I understand I may not use the WTAP logowithout consent from the Agency Director.
- I understand that I have the right to submit a grievanceto the Agency Director of WTAP should I not be satisfied with the response to the needs of, the interaction with, guidance of, care for refugee families within the scope of WTAP mission.
- I understand that WTAP is a group of volunteers who help set up households for refugee families and does not provide any ongoing case management for the families. For the protection of the refugee family, I will contact and work with the refugee’s resettlement agency before continuing to visit them beyond work with WTAP.
- I will not abuse, neglect, exploit, coerce, manipulate, retaliate against or deny foodor any other basic necessities to refugee families.
- I understand that I am expected to report any incident, action or circumstance that I may become aware of that presents a threat, endangerment, or poses a current or future impact on refugee families to WTAP Staff or the Volunteer Manager. I understand that it is especially important to inform the WTAP Staff or the Volunteer Manager in the case of a medical emergency, in the case of a pertinent medical update or in the case of a client’s harmful threat to self or others.
- I understand that I may not be alone in the company of minor childrenwithout the presence of a legal guardian. I will not transport minor children for any purposes without the accompaniment of a legal guardian and expressed consent of WTAP following a background check.
- I understand that I may receive personal informationregarding a refugee family on an as-needed basis and that a refugee family may choose to disclose personal information. I understand that refugee information is confidential, especially addresses and contact information, and that it is not to be disclosed to an outside party in written or verbal form, nor in an electronic communication such as mail, website accessible by public, etc.
- Many refugee clients choose not to have their photos taken for personal and/or security reasons. I understand that I may NOT photograph nor arrange a photograph of refugee families without first receiving approval from WTAP Staff or the Volunteer Manager.
- I understand all refugee families are to be treated with dignity, respect and consideration and are not to be discriminated againstbased on race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or marital status.
- I understand that the terms listed above are not all-inclusiveand may be updated, as needed. I agree to the terms and conditions in this agreement.